Below is a video of scenes from Barcelona that witnessed the least peaceful parts of today’s nationwide general strike in Spain. In general, the protests were peaceful. Other links are below.
Here is a second video via the BBC with background information: General strike in Spain as debt rises
UPDATE: This third video is probably more representative of how the day truly was:
- Spain’s general strike shows first signs of rebellion against austerity – Guardian
- Spanish general strike – in pictures – Guardian
- General strike hits Spain – in pictures – Telegraph
- Scenes from Spain’s national-strike day – Market Watch
- La huelga general del 29-M en imágenes – RTVE
When I see other more expansive coverage, I will post a link.