You are here: Economy » Chart of the Day: U.S. Gasoline Consumption Tanks in 2011
Editor’s note: Below is a chart of gasoline consumption and oil prices for the years 2000-2011.
About Global Macro Monitor
Global Macro Monitor is a site designed as a “go to” source for traders, investors, policymakers and any interested in markets and the global economy. It provides informed opinion, timely market information, sources, and links.
Like us on Facebook
Follow Edward on Twitter
- The Greece debt bailout negotiations are really about France, not Greece
- Did lending by foreign banks really cause the Greek debt crisis?
- The coming Greek bank nationalization, bail-in and privatization
- Variable geometry bites back: Schäuble’s motives
- The new European Union
- More on Greek Tax Anticipation Note IOUs
- A Return to Fundamentals?
- Greek default
- The Euro is a failure
- Some thoughts on the coming defaults of Greece
- Greek default and Grexit now increasing in probability
- Morality in the Greek Crisis
- Grexit: The staggering cost of central bank dependence
- This is the Framework of a Potential Greek Compromise Taking Shape
- Yanis Varoufakis: Greece, Germany and the Eurozone – Keynote at the Hans-Böckler-Stiftung, Berlin, 8 June 2015
- Are bond investors crying wolf?
- Internal and external balance of savings and investment
- Trends and prospects for private-sector deleveraging in advanced economies
- How do you say “dead cat” in Latvian?
- Property, inequality and financial crises
-  Galbraith on Varoufakis ‘Plan B’, DiMartino on the Fed’s dilemma
- “I can’t see a good outcome” – Former Fed analyst on low interest rates
- US homeownership falls to 1960s levels
- Fed ready to hike if data hold
-  Merk on Asia, US markets and gold, Beckworth on Fed
- The Big Deal -- July 28
- Are fertility clinics ripping off egg donors?
- The Big Deal -- July 27
-  Chinese market meltdown and the secret Greek Plan B
- Are we on the verge of another bubble?