You are here: Economy » Egan-Jones on French ratings downgrade from AA- to A
Sean Egan explains that this downgrade came because of increasing concerns that France’s banks will have to be bailed out by the government. Video below
About Edward Harrison
Edward Harrison is the founder of Credit Writedowns and a former career diplomat, investment banker and technology executive with over twenty years of business experience. He is also a regular economic and financial commentator on BBC World News, CNBC Television, Business News Network, CBC, Fox Television and RT Television. He speaks six languages and reads another five, skills he uses to provide a more global perspective. Edward holds an MBA in Finance from Columbia University and a BA in Economics from Dartmouth College. Edward also writes a premium financial newsletter. Sign up here for a free trial.
Like us on Facebook
Follow Edward on Twitter
- The Greece debt bailout negotiations are really about France, not Greece
- Did lending by foreign banks really cause the Greek debt crisis?
- The coming Greek bank nationalization, bail-in and privatization
- Variable geometry bites back: Schäuble’s motives
- The new European Union
- More on Greek Tax Anticipation Note IOUs
- A Return to Fundamentals?
- Greek default
- The Euro is a failure
- Some thoughts on the coming defaults of Greece
- Greek default and Grexit now increasing in probability
- Morality in the Greek Crisis
- Grexit: The staggering cost of central bank dependence
- This is the Framework of a Potential Greek Compromise Taking Shape
- Yanis Varoufakis: Greece, Germany and the Eurozone – Keynote at the Hans-Böckler-Stiftung, Berlin, 8 June 2015
- Are bond investors crying wolf?
- Internal and external balance of savings and investment
- Trends and prospects for private-sector deleveraging in advanced economies
- How do you say “dead cat” in Latvian?
- Property, inequality and financial crises
-  Galbraith on Varoufakis ‘Plan B’, DiMartino on the Fed’s dilemma
- “I can’t see a good outcome” – Former Fed analyst on low interest rates
- Fed ready to hike if data hold
- US homeownership falls to 1960s levels
-  Merk on Asia, US markets and gold, Beckworth on Fed
- The Big Deal -- July 28
- Are fertility clinics ripping off egg donors?
- The Big Deal -- July 27
-  Chinese market meltdown and the secret Greek Plan B
- Are we on the verge of another bubble?