You are here: Society » Video: Beach Creatures
This week’s New Yorker magazine features Ian Frazier on Theo Jansen, a Dutch artist who makes kinetic sculptures called Strandbeests that walk along the beach.
In the video below, Frazier discusses the sculptures and how they fit into the tradition of Dutch landscapes. Very cool.
Source: The New Yorker
About Edward Harrison
Edward Harrison is the founder of Credit Writedowns and a former career diplomat, investment banker and technology executive with over twenty years of business experience. He is also a regular economic and financial commentator on BBC World News, CNBC Television, Business News Network, CBC, Fox Television and RT Television. He speaks six languages and reads another five, skills he uses to provide a more global perspective. Edward holds an MBA in Finance from Columbia University and a BA in Economics from Dartmouth College. Edward also writes a premium financial newsletter. Sign up here for a free trial.
No related posts.
Like us on Facebook
Follow Edward on Twitter
Latest Subscriber Posts
- Could the US economy accelerate higher in 2014
- Secular versus cyclical factors in equity markets
- Dealing with confirmation bias in macro analysis at market turning points
- Risk for Greece and European periphery from Ukraine crisis escalation mounts
- Economic and market themes: 2014-04-11 – Greece
- Thoughts on Greek bonds, Asian data and resource gamesmanship
- Edward Harrison’s Ten Surprises for 2014, Update 1
- Some thoughts on Ukraine, part 2
- Some thoughts on Ukraine, part 1
- Amazon’s new TV streaming strategy reinforces its incremental approach
- Relief rally in emerging markets
- European, Japanese, and Ukrainian-Russian deflation
- Economic and market themes: 2014-03-28
- The Chinese credit crisis gets messy
- US policy rates and financial stability
Recent Blog Posts
- Four key reasons for capex accelerating
- ECB Action: Just a Question of Time?
- On Europe’s move toward QE to prevent deflation
- The lower bound of central bank effectiveness
- Ten lessons from Charles Keating on corporatism and control fraud
- On the persistence of inadequate ideas like the money multiplier
- Can the Jobs Data Give the Dollar Another Leg Up?
- The US jobs market is healing
- Jumbos still cheaper than conforming mortgages
- Calm before the Storm?
- Eurozone credit contraction continues
- Emerging Market Equity Allocation Model for Q2 2014
- More Thoughts about Potential for QE from the ECB
- The big disconnect between leverage and spreads
- Interest rates and deflation
Daily Links Posts
-  The Death of Money with Jim Rickards
-  No Good Greek Current Account Surplus w/Yanis Varoufakis and Tech w/ Alex Daley
-  Paul Craig Roberts: IMF loans will hand Ukraine over to private banks
-  Bitcoin is maturing: Patrick Byrne & Jinyoung Lee Englund on the cryptocurrency
-  Tech Market Bubble? with Alex Daley and Howard Lindzon
-  March Jobs: Half Full or Half Empty? with Daniel Alpert and Max F Wolff
- Ann Pettifor on Constraints on Money Creation and Bancor
-  Big Banks and Political Power with Nomi Prins and Anthony Randazzo
-  Privatization of Space? and Big Banks in Foreign Policy with Nomi Prins
-  Crowdfunding Commercial Real Estate with Rodrigo Nino