You are here: Economy » Video: The Euro Bailout Explained
For those of you wondering what’s just happened in Europe, here is an animated explanation.
Source: The Guardian
Also see: Video: Quantitative Easing Explained from last year.
About Edward Harrison
Edward Harrison is the founder of Credit Writedowns and a former career diplomat, investment banker and technology executive with over twenty years of business experience. He is also a regular economic and financial commentator on BBC World News, CNBC Television, Business News Network, CBC, Fox Television and RT Television. He speaks six languages and reads another five, skills he uses to provide a more global perspective. Edward holds an MBA in Finance from Columbia University and a BA in Economics from Dartmouth College. Edward also writes a premium financial newsletter. Sign up here for a free trial.
No related posts.
Like us on Facebook
Follow Edward on Twitter
- When do we decide that Europe must restructure much of its debt?
- How to look at the Greece bailout deal
- Negotiating strategies and political constraints regarding Greece
- A decision-tree framework for thinking about the Greek – Troika negotiations
- Tax Anticipation Notes: A Timely Alternative Financing Instrument for Greece
- Syriza and the French indemnity of 1871-73
- Gauging the financial crisis end game
- Why quantitative easing and negative interest rates will fail
- Pie in the Sky
- Yanis Varoufakis on fiscal waterboarding and Ponzi austerity
- The convergence of safe asset yields toward zero
- Interview on Chinese CPI and PPI data for December
- Russia, Oil, China and the Dollar
- A Brave New World
- My reading of the FT on China’s “turning away from the dollar”
- How might a China slowdown affect the world?
- Consumption taxes, inflation and low wage growth in Japan lead to recession
- Central banks, inflation, currency wars and the Japanese experiment
- Banks, Japanese trade, the currency wars and deflation
- Abenomics 2.0 – Just What Are They Trying To Achieve?
- Steve Keen on Greece austerity and deflation
-  Barnett: Oil’s marginal cost is as low as $5-10 a barrel
- Jim Rickards on currency wars and QE
-  Greece’s bad deal and Canadian currency war?
-  US port strikes continue and Paul Craig Roberts on Greece
- Richard Werner on quantitative easing and central banks
-  Greece is the perfect example of debt deflation
-  Eichengreen, Galbraith on the Fed and the US economy
-  Eichengreen: Greece’s original program targets are unattainable
-  Galbraith, Magnus: Greece cannot pay debts, Europe ad hoc + dysfunctional