You are here: Political Economy » Nigel Farage: Trapped Inside an Economic Prison
By Global Macro Monitor
You can ignore the markets if you want to. But, in time, the markets will not ignore you – Nigel Farage, MEP
About Global Macro Monitor
Global Macro Monitor is a site designed as a “go to” source for traders, investors, policymakers and any interested in markets and the global economy. It provides informed opinion, timely market information, sources, and links.
Like us on Facebook
Follow Edward on Twitter
- The Greece debt bailout negotiations are really about France, not Greece
- Did lending by foreign banks really cause the Greek debt crisis?
- The coming Greek bank nationalization, bail-in and privatization
- Variable geometry bites back: Schäuble’s motives
- The new European Union
- More on Greek Tax Anticipation Note IOUs
- A Return to Fundamentals?
- Greek default
- The Euro is a failure
- Some thoughts on the coming defaults of Greece
- Greek default and Grexit now increasing in probability
- Morality in the Greek Crisis
- Grexit: The staggering cost of central bank dependence
- This is the Framework of a Potential Greek Compromise Taking Shape
- Yanis Varoufakis: Greece, Germany and the Eurozone – Keynote at the Hans-Böckler-Stiftung, Berlin, 8 June 2015
- Are bond investors crying wolf?
- Internal and external balance of savings and investment
- Trends and prospects for private-sector deleveraging in advanced economies
- How do you say “dead cat” in Latvian?
- Property, inequality and financial crises
- The Big Deal -- July 27
-  Chinese market meltdown and the secret Greek Plan B
- Bianca Facchinei takes a look at the concern over the health of US stock markets
-  Brexit and Obama
- The Big Deal -- July 24
- Decreasing the cost of baggage
-  Post-crisis Europe and Canadian economic jitters
- Bianca Facchinei looks at Honda settlement
- Big Deal -- July 23
-  European refugee crisis, fiscal policy in the British Isles