Feature Link: A New Tax on Banks and Bankers? – NYTimes.com
Simon Johnson, Bert Ely, Judy Samuelson and I each gave our view on a proposed banker tax for the Editors at the New York Times’ Room for Debate. Bert and I are against and Simon is for.
- Economics of Contempt: The Unofficial List of Pundits/Experts Who Were Wrong on the Housing Bubble
- When men shouldn’t be in want of a wife – New Scientist
- Paul Kedrosky: U.S. House Prices to Income: 1989-2009
- Economist’s View: Will We Get ”Sensible, Comprehensive Financial Reform"?
- Too big to fail fail? – Paul Krugman Blog – NYTimes.com
- How single mothers enter the labour market | vox
- Federal Reserve earned $45 billion in 2009 – washingtonpost.com
- Why Are They at War With Us? Patrick J. Buchanan
- Flattery Will Get You Far: Scientific American
- Eugene Robinson – Harry Reid’s comments were crudely put, yet true – washingtonpost.com
- Econbrowser: Bernanke on the Taylor Rule
- The Big Picture – Lessons from Merrill Lynch
- The Big Picture – Wages of Failure: Exec Comp at Bear, Lehman 2000-08
- The Pragmatic Capitalist – One Overvalued Market?
- Your Passwords Aren’t As Secure As You Think – Lifehacker
- Taylor: Federal Reserve Monetary and the Financial Crisis: A Reply to Chairman Ben Bernanke – WSJ.com
- Holding off inflation, blowing bubbles | The Economist
- FT.com – Edward Chancellor – Ben Bernanke has learnt so little
- Fitch: U.S. CMBS Delinquencies up 42bps
- Federal Reserve Seeks to Block Release of U.S. Bailout Secrets – Bloomberg.com
Today’s Bread & Circus feature: Rod Blagojevich: ‘I’m blacker than Obama’
(video embedded below)